Frames From The Weekend 10/19/2012 – 10/21/2012

Happy Monday! The winner of the Yogi Tea Giveaway is Kilax! Congratulations! Please send me an email with your mailing address to irina@chocolateatime.com

Lets move on to a quick recap. Compared to last weekend’s rainy weather, this weekend was a dream! Warm temps, sunny skies, and perfectly colored trees all made an appearance.

{I was bit by the baking/cooking bug on Friday. Into the oven went teff burgers and coffee cake. You guys, the coffee cake is so delicious! This time I added actual coffee to the mix (not instant) and replaced all liquids with freshly brewed coffee. I also made chocolate whipped cream using coconut milk.}

{Chocolatier Irina came to visit on Friday as well, and I went a little wild with Trawffle making. Aren’t the chocolates beautiful? I tested a new flavor – coconut macaroon – and added some pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.}

{I decided to embrace Fall fashion and dress up on Saturday…for grocery shopping. Some noteworthy mentions: mini cinnamon broom from Trader Joe’s – it makes my room smell divine; portobello mushroom caps and chocolate from Whole Paycheck; the food aisle at HomeGoods; Eden Organic beans – BPA free lining and no salt added!}

{Grocery shopping was followed by real shopping for closet necessities. I bought a shower headband and a cute decorative owl from Pier 1, did damage at the mall, and got a free bag at DSW! My bank account is sobbing…}

{A few signs that I came across at HomeGoods. I purchased the inspiring frame at the top, along with the shoes that I’m wearing in the photo.}

{I finally decided to be social on Saturday night and watch a movie in an actual movie theater! I wore my new top from Loft and headed over to the theater to watch Argo. WOW, what a movie. I can’t remember the last time I felt so anxious during a movie. I don’t want to spoil the movie for anyone, but I highly recommend seeing it. All I can say is Canada rocks :)}

{Let me preface this by mentioning that I had a horrible night of sleep on Saturday. I awoke on Sunday morning and felt like a bus ran over my head. I lounged around, half asleep, for a few hours and finally decided that I should take advantage of the beautiful Fall weather. 5 miles were planned for the day, and my sleep-deprived body only permitted a slow and easy run. Many photographs were involved – does anyone know what those weird yellow things are in the top left photo? And who knew I looked so fugly while running? After returning, I drank what was my first green smoothie in months, barely finished it (ew), and spilled some of it…unintentionally I promise!}

Tell me the highlight of your weekend…ready, set, go!

1. October 22, 2012 / 8:56 am

i am super impressed with your baking skills those look legit! overall looks like a fun weekend

• October 22, 2012 / 8:47 pm

Haha the goal is to make them look legit! Thanks 🙂

2. Raya
    October 22, 2012 / 9:41 am

Your trawffles look amazing and I love your fall outfit with the scarf. If you don’t mind me asking where did you get your boots? (the ones shown with the reddish pants) I am having no luck finding new boots and those are the kind I’m looking for. 🙂

• October 22, 2012 / 8:49 pm

Thanks! I bought the boots about 2 years ago from DSW. They are grey suede with a small heel, very comfy! I suggest going to DSW to hunt down a great pair of boots…I just bought some this weekend from there.

• Raya
        October 22, 2012 / 9:19 pm

Thank you for the info and suggestion! I’ll definitely take a look there.

3. October 22, 2012 / 9:53 am

Okay, I’m officially going to start coming over to hang out with you on the weekends… especially on the ones where you make Trawffles 😉 It seriously looks like you had -such- a fun weekend, but sorry about the crappy sleep on Saturday night 🙁 I had my own sleepless night last week, and I just hate how long and drawn out they become… not to mention how hard it is to get through the next day. Hope you’re feeling better today, and that your week is off to a great start 😀

• October 22, 2012 / 8:54 pm

Yay come over and we will bake together! I will share my Trawffles with you 🙂 Yea I actually remembered your sleepless night while I whined on Sunday…I felt your pain. Happy Monday!

4. October 22, 2012 / 10:22 am

I WON! Thanks so much! I sent you an email.

I would like to know what those weird yellow things are too 🙂

I want to see Argo! But I hate when I feel all anxious during a movie. Hmm.

Your weekend recaps always make me feel so hungry!

• October 22, 2012 / 8:52 pm

Haha I love your enthusiasm!! I would be happy too with 6 boxes of tea 🙂

Argo is worth seeing regardless of the constant state of anxiety it puts you in. The fact that it’s based on a true story makes it even better.

5. October 22, 2012 / 10:32 am

Whenever my legs are dragging during a run I stop and take pictures too. It helps break up the run a bit and helps me appreciate my surroundings rather than staring at the sidewalk and dreading the next mile!

I love your shirt from Loft! It’s so cute!

• October 22, 2012 / 8:55 pm

It totally helps pass the time quicker! I used to feel slightly guilty for stopping during a run but now I realize how ridiculous that is.

• October 22, 2012 / 8:54 pm

I have no problem sharing!

6. October 22, 2012 / 12:17 pm

OH girl, those brownies look amazing. You blog is full of chocolate today (which I can’t say I mind). The best thing of my weekend was def the zoo. So much fun! 🙂

• October 22, 2012 / 8:56 pm

The zoo?! How cool I’m jealous! It’s been years since I last visited the zoo! Make sure to post photos 🙂

7. October 22, 2012 / 4:09 pm

Yay I love these posts! That coffee cake totally looks delicious! I thought it was brownies at first. Mmm chocolate. Those truffles too.. oh man.

Oh yeah and I showed my mom your pumpkin porridge recipe and she saved it. She said it seems like the same thing (almost) as our pumpkin dessert soup except instead of dumpling you guys just use millet. Oh and in Polish, millet is pszenica. We apparently don’t use it that much in Poland but we have before once or twice in my family.

• October 22, 2012 / 8:59 pm

You must make the coffee cake. It is sooo delicious! And healthy too.

I bookmarked your pumpkin soup recipe too and will be making it as soon as I carve my pumpkin this weekend! If you make the millet recipe try to use real milk and brown sugar. It tastes authentic and amazing!

8. October 22, 2012 / 7:45 pm

You should open up your own chocolate store. Seriously. The pictures alone are enough advertisement for your creations to sell like WILDFIRE!!!!!

• October 22, 2012 / 8:57 pm

Haha I wish!!!! I would love that, but first I need to have people (*hint*hint*) actually sample them first 😉

9. October 23, 2012 / 8:24 am

I can’t wait to have time to cook and bake again! That outfit is super cute! o and I just found eden’s beans! amazing I love the sodium content! What is Argo about? i am out of it these days due to school!

• October 24, 2012 / 9:29 pm

Eden Beans are amazing! Their cans are not lined with BPA which is great (and rare to find). Argo is based on a true story about how the CIA basically created a fake movie in order to get 6 american citizens safely out of Iran without getting caught! Soo intense and interesting!

Don’t feel bad about being out of it while at school. When I would be at school I was so out of the loop that I didn’t even know what new songs came out until I would come home on breaks 🙂