Frames From The Weekend 1/18/2013 – 1/20/2013

Goodbye weekend, hello Monday! Pardon the excitement, please don’t believe it for a single second.

drinks

{Friday: an impromptu date night with one of my closest friends at Flight Wine Bar. I’ve been on a gin kick lately and my cocktail was perfect…gin + sage + lemon juice.}

photography

{Saturday: I met up with an old college friend on a frigid afternoon for photography lessons. We had a great time and I learned the basics of my Nikon. I also collect seaglass and was able to pick up some pretty pieces!}

lunch date

{Sunday: My mom, sis, and I met up at Joy Yee’s NoodlesΒ for our holiday gift exchange at last (I know I know…we’re so slow). Our food spread included seaweed salad, spring rolls, and a seafood combo over rice. Also, I really really hope my fortune rings true this week…}

photos

{Sunday: I continued having fun with my camera all afternoon. Check out Dasha’s “angry” attack-the-plants face…love!}

Sunday night

{Sunday: my mom and I made a quick stop to the mall after our gift exchange. This of course involved a random shot of my serious face and a new scarf that I bought at Target. The Neiman Marcus for Target collection was 75% off and I scored that Marc Jacobs scarf for $20!!! The weekend ended with Teavana tea, plenty of Dasha cuddling, and watching the first season of Homeland with my parents. I also watched Girls and House of Lies…ugh I’ve become such a TV addict!}

Who else is a fan of Homeland?

What’s your drink of choice?

β™₯ Irina

1. January 21, 2013 / 7:42 am

I actually really like that vertical photo so cool. I think seaglass is pretty neat and I wish I lived closer to a beach that was uninhabited (VA Beach…you are more likely to find crabs then anything pretty…so many tourists).

• January 22, 2013 / 11:09 pm

Actually, I found that the more people hang out at the beach the more seaglass there is! More people = more alcohol = more alcohol bottles = glass in the water = seaglass! Not even sure if that logic works because when I was in Mexico and the Dominican Republic I didn’t find any seaglass at all!

2. January 21, 2013 / 11:05 am

Dasha’s attack-the-plants face is so cute :)! Never heard of seaglass before but it looks pretty!

• January 22, 2013 / 11:10 pm

Oh my gosh you need to go find some real seaglass along the beach! Seaglass is basically small pieces of actual glass (like from beer bottles) that get smoothed out by the water and sand. I love it

3. January 21, 2013 / 12:20 pm

haha the picture of your cat is hilarious! some great eats this weekend for sure

• January 22, 2013 / 11:12 pm

Haha thanks! I caught Dasha in a great action moment πŸ™‚

4. January 21, 2013 / 12:28 pm

Oh my gosh, that picture of your cat is too funny! I’ve wanted to get a nice camera for such a long time, but since I’ve become a runner a lot of my spare money goes to that rather than saving up for a camera. Maybe someday I’ll have enough money to run AND have a nice camera! Haha.

• January 22, 2013 / 11:14 pm

Yea sometimes you just gotta pick and choose where to invest your money! I’ve been lusting over and saving for a camera for a long time and my dream finally became a reality this past summer! Ahh and if only we had $$$ for unlimited races/running gear and camera/camera gear….one day…

5. January 21, 2013 / 1:46 pm

I have always wanted to collect sea glass, it stems from a love of the movie Sweet Home Alabama. This looks like such a fun weekend! I am jealous of your target finds. I must admit I love target but I am not the epic shopper there some are. My mom doesn’t shop and I always go with her so it’s more of an in and out event!

• January 22, 2013 / 11:18 pm

It’s never too late to start collecting! My collection is tiny even though I started many many years ago, but I love looking back at the various pieces and seeing if I remember where I found them (I usually don’t remember). I’m also not an epic Target shopper but when I found out their Neiman Marcus collection was 75% off I just had to stop by! I know some people who go there weekly though…intense!

6. January 21, 2013 / 1:49 pm

We got Showtime and I’m currently catching up on season 2 of Homeland. We must compare notes on our next run.

• January 22, 2013 / 11:19 pm

I dunno why I watched season 2 before season 1 but I’m LOVING the 1st season so much more than #2. Everything is so confusing now, we definitely need to discuss. Run this weekend? I’ll email you!

7. January 21, 2013 / 4:37 pm

I was cooped up inside for most of my weekend (thank you snow!!!) so I ended up doing a lot of experimenting with my camera as well, and I think I fell in love with photography even more so than before. Great shots, hun πŸ™‚ YOu have a good eye for these things.

• January 22, 2013 / 11:20 pm

Isn’t it great how you can only fall MORE in love with photography? It’s such a wonderful habit and one that you can always improve on. I hope one day I’ll be as skilled as you…seriously πŸ™‚

8. January 21, 2013 / 7:12 pm

Aww, Dasha looks cute even when she’s angry and the last picture of her … adorable! I wish I had a cat to cuddle with, too.

Following your heart is never a bad advice and I hope you’ll have a fabulous week – whether it’s because of the cookie or not!

Honestly, I wish my weekends were as exciting as yours always are. At least I made up for it today by going to the cinema with my besties :).

• January 22, 2013 / 11:23 pm

You MUST get a cat! They’re the easiest pets to take care of, I promise. They don’t require a lot of attention, don’t need to be walked, and bring so much happiness to your life. We have left our cat alone for 2 weeks before with our neighbor coming to feed her every other day or two and she was totally fine!

And girl, my weekends are far from exciting! These frames are only the highlights, many weeks I have trouble finding content to add to the frames because my weekend was so lame πŸ™‚

9. January 21, 2013 / 8:27 pm

Ahhh the cocktails look so delicious! I hope you have a great week, although you definitely had a great start judging by your weekend πŸ™‚

• January 22, 2013 / 11:24 pm

Haha cocktails are always the best way to celebrate the weekend and help prep oneself for the upcoming week πŸ™‚

10. January 21, 2013 / 9:11 pm

Dasha is such a cute cat. The cocktails look so delicious. I dont watch homeland but I watch Scandal.

• January 22, 2013 / 11:25 pm

I heard good things about Scandal! I’m trying to avoid starting up new shows (I get sucked in easily) but I’ll keep that one on my list “just in case” πŸ™‚