Currently

Currently drinking: take a wild guess (tea obviously!)

tea

Currently loving: my new work schedule – working from home 2-3 days a weeks is incredible

Currently hating: the construction going on near our house…so ANNOYING

Currently eating: waffles waffles and more waffles!

waffles

Currently listening to: Florence and the Machine and Lana Del Rey (can’t get enough!)

Currently wearing: pajamas! oh the perks of working from home

Currently craving: a huge sandwich filled with fresh veggies, cheese, and a lot of avocado

sandwich

Currently watching: Breaking Bad…my parents and I watch it together every night

Currently reading: ‘Steve Jobs’ and ‘How an Economy Grows and Why it Crashes’ – I used to avoid reading two books at once but it’s been working very well for me. I read one book on the way to/from work and the other I read at home. I’m loving both, especially the Steve Jobs biography!

books

Currently regretting: the two (actually 1.5) drinks I had last night at happy hour…I’m blaming my minor headache on those.

Currently stressing about: my friend’s baby shower this Sunday! So much to do, so little time.

baby shower

Currently looking forward to: the birth of my friend’s baby girl!

Currently dreading: my frozen-to-the-bones run this afternoon

runner

Currently excited for: the Oscars this Sunday (lately, I’ve loved watching the award shows with my family)

Currently dreaming about: vacation – NYC or a quick tropical getaway would suffice

NYC

Currently obsessed with: the new chambray shirt I bought from Madewell (on sale!)…I’m afraid I’ll resort to wearing it daily because it’s perfection

Currently addicted to: Photoshop! Oddly enough, I have no idea how to use it to edit photos but I love playing around with all the features.

Currently worried about: the Nike Women’s Half Marathon in April – I only started training for it this week and am worried that 10 weeks isn’t enough time

NWM

Currently lusting over: a nice purse…I’m head-over-heels for this one and this one. Gimme gimme gimme (yeah freaking right…)

Currently planning: secrets secrets!

Fill in the blank: I’m currently ______

1. February 21, 2013 / 12:27 pm

Whoa, how did I not know you’re running the Nike Women’s Half? So exciting! I’m currently wishing I had brought a better lunch to work today haha. Ohhh well. Maybe tomorrow!

• February 24, 2013 / 10:21 pm

Yea I found out I was chosen (it was a lottery entry) back in December and am just now starting training!

2. February 21, 2013 / 12:27 pm

10 weeks is plenty of time, can’t wait to have you in this area!

• February 24, 2013 / 10:21 pm

I hope so! I had so many aches and pains last time I was training, I really don’t wanna push it now because of the time crunch. I wish I could be a kick-ass runner like you 🙂

3. February 21, 2013 / 1:49 pm

I love this post format!!! And the content, too, of course. =) I am going to steal this post idea for my own blog. (I seem to steal a lot of your post ideas, don’t I? 😉 )

Yay for the Nike Women’s Half! I hear you on the fear of 10 weeks not being enough training time as I’m in a similar boat myself with the Wisconsin Half… but I believe that our base conditioning and experience will come back quickly once we get going. Cheers to both of us staying healthy and progressing quickly with our training!

• February 24, 2013 / 10:25 pm

Please, steal away! Plus, it’s not stealing…it’s getting inspired 🙂

I sure hope that our base conditioning will be enough! I took 1.5 months off and am worried to start out too fast too soon. Anyway, here’s to an injury-free training season!!

4. February 21, 2013 / 4:48 pm

Awesome post! Your sandwich totally made me hungry for avocado. Ohh yeah! Have fun at the baby shower! 🙂

• February 24, 2013 / 10:27 pm

Thanks! It was a great baby shower 🙂 And I’m always hungry for avocado! I crave it like crazy.

5. February 21, 2013 / 5:51 pm

I looove Florence & the Machine and Lana Del Ray!

• February 24, 2013 / 10:27 pm

Such beautiful voices! I STILL regret not going to Lollapalooza last August to see F&TM live.

• February 25, 2013 / 12:08 pm

I saw them in Dec 2011 when they did the XRT Holiday Show at the Chicago Theater. There were AMAZING!

6. February 21, 2013 / 6:27 pm

Those purses… Gah! I can’t even look at them! And I can’t even look at that sandwich either because it’s making me super hungry…. Aaaand comparing amazing purses to sandwiches seems a little silly. Moving right along….

Don’t stress about the half! You’re going to do amazing, and no matter what, it’ll still be a lot of fun 🙂

• February 24, 2013 / 10:29 pm

I can’t look at them either! I don’t think I will EVER be able to justify and feel comfortable buying such an expensive purse (or just about any article of clothing like shoes). But it does make for some nice eye candy 🙂

7. February 21, 2013 / 6:43 pm

If I had $1000 to spend on a purse, I would go for a Balenciaga. I dunno why, but the style has been appealing to me since high school :P!

• February 24, 2013 / 10:33 pm

Mmm Balenciaga purses are definite eye-candy too 🙂 In all honesty, the thought of spending so much $$$ on a purse (or shoes or clothes) terrifies me…I don’t think I’ll ever ever be able to justify such a purchase. A girl can dream, right?

8. February 21, 2013 / 10:14 pm

You can do it, 10 weeks is enough.

And if you’re working from home, we certainly can get lunch soon!

• February 24, 2013 / 10:37 pm

Gah I hope so…I’m just so afraid of getting aches and pains again. But this means we WILL run together soon 🙂 I’m working on getting my speed and endurance back so I can keep up with you. And yes, we need to discuss lunch options! I’ll send you an email (actually I’ll reply…because I suck at maintaining this email address)

9. February 22, 2013 / 6:52 am

Love this! Your waffle is so perfect! What do you have with it? The photoshop thing cracks me up because your pictures are always so beautiful!

• February 24, 2013 / 10:39 pm

Thanks! It’s taken a looooong time to finalyl figure out the perfect waffle formula. My favorite way to eat waffles is by dipping them in a “dip” consisting of nut butter + cocoa powder + jam. It’s delicious!

10. February 22, 2013 / 4:49 pm

Oh gosh, those chambray shirts are incredible! So comfy yet still fashionable 🙂 Also… waffles! Yum! 😀

• February 24, 2013 / 10:40 pm

I just wore the chambray shirt for the first time yesterday and loved it! It really is the perfect article of clothing and a must-have in one’s wardrobe.

11. February 22, 2013 / 5:43 pm

Working from home sounds fantastic and I’m happy you’re getting the chance several days at week now.

Keeping my fingers crossed the baby shower will turn out just like you planned it – though I’m sure you did a great job. And would you mind teaching me Photoshop ;)? I know nothing about it, really, though it seems like a lot of fun. Maybe a project for my March resolutions?!

Even starting training a bit later I’m convinced you’ll still do well in the marathon. From your previous race recaps I feel like you’re a person not stressing about PRs only but enjoying the experience. And that’s what you can no matter how long you’ve trained for :).

• February 24, 2013 / 10:44 pm

Thanks! It’s definitely nice to come home on weekdays and not worry about having to prep lunch for the following workday. And the baby shower did turn out great! Thanks for the good wishes 🙂 Girl, I need someone to teach ME how to use Photoshop! It’s pretty pathetic that the only thing I know how to use it for is to crop and make basic designs. I mean, it’s meant to be the ultimate photo editing tool and I literally have no idea how to even cover up a blemish or balance the colors in a photo. Pathetic 🙂

P.S. – thanks for the email! I read it and will be replying in the next few days <3

12. February 22, 2013 / 11:38 pm

Mmmm waffles! Everything looks great, and I’m always craving a sanwich full of veggies:)

• February 24, 2013 / 10:46 pm

Thanks! A veggie sandwich is the best kind 🙂

13. February 23, 2013 / 9:55 am

I’m currently trying to figure out what workout to do today! I wish there wasn’t so much snow outside!

• February 24, 2013 / 10:47 pm

Ahh tell me about it…I ran outdoors today and it was so tough to run in the snow. I’m more than ready for Spring!

14. February 23, 2013 / 12:41 pm

Love this post! The format, the pictures, the SANDWICH…so perfect. (:
    Congratulations on signing up for the Nike Women’s Half! Running a half-marathon is one of my goals for 2013 so I’ve been starting to train for that as well.

I finally got my new blog launched and am SO excited to be back. I’ve missed you guys! <3

• February 24, 2013 / 10:49 pm

AHHHHHHH welcome back girl!!!! I’m SO happy to see you back in the blog world :):):) And you just gotta register for a half marathon. That way you MUST train for it…no excuses!

15. February 24, 2013 / 3:42 pm

I am so jealous! I wish school was only 2-3 days a week! I love all of these pics btw!

• February 24, 2013 / 10:53 pm

School (and/or work) 2-3 days a week would definitely be nice 🙂 But if I have to work 5 days a week, it’s always nice to have a few days to work from home!