Frames From The Weekend 6/14/2013 – 6/16/2013

Hello from New York!!! I’m in love and can gush about this damn city all day, but I’ll refrain from doing so. I want to thank you all so much for the warm wishes and congratulatory comments on my previous post…you all made my week!

Since arriving on Saturday morning, my mom and I have been running around the city on a wild search for apartments. My time to sign a lease is extremely limited so we need to stay on top of our game!

bff

{My lovely best friend stopped by for an asian-inspired lunch at the end of the week as our final goodbye. I prepped a fresh salad and some miso soup with shrimp. I won’t be seeing this pretty lady for over a month so this quick lunch at home was much needed.}

the big move

{Moving day! I packed up as much clothes I could fit into two huge suitcases, stuffed many of my shoes into a third smaller suitcase (true story) and headed to the airport at 4AM with my mom on Saturday morning. The moment when I looked out the window and saw Manhattan literally took my breath away. I still get chills thinking about it…I’m so lucky to have the opportunity to call this incredible city my new home! I’m still in disbelief – it feels like a dream! *sigh*}

food

{We’ve been living off of some weird food combos but it’s working for us. Two straight days of froyo and many fancy salads and dishes have been fueling my mom and I during our non-stop apartment search. Hey, whatever works right? Wine always helps too…}

New York

{Some shots of Manhattan including a flea market in the Upper West Side, High Line park in Chelsea, and Columbus Circle. I’m freaking obsessed with this damn island! Obsessed.}

I can’t even begin to explain how at home I feel in this city. Of course, it’s only been two days but there’s this unusual inner peace within me that tells me this is where I should be right now in life. It’s an inexplicable and beautiful emotion.

Have you ever felt an unusual bond with a city?

1. June 17, 2013 / 8:48 am

YAY!!! YAY!!! YAY!!! Good luck apartment hunting, what a whirlwind it must feel like!!! Do you have any neighborhoods in particular that you are targeting for your new residence!!??!? I love how NYC is just a collection of neighborhoods, which makes it feel that much more homelier. Can’t wait to hear more about how you settle in, and I am so happy that you are already feeling so at home there!!!

2. June 17, 2013 / 11:35 am

Good luck apartment hunting! Never the most fun process in my experience, but I’m sure you’ll be able to find something.So glad to hear you feel at home! That’s wonderful and I’m sure will help a ton with the whole transition. Can’t wait to hear more about it!

3. June 17, 2013 / 11:40 am

I have the same question as Emily. I want to know WHERE! I am assuming the places mentioned in the last pic!

I feel that way about NYC too 😉 I almost got there, living in Rome 😉 NYC was instant though.

4. June 17, 2013 / 3:30 pm

I have been wanting to go to 16 Handles ever since I saw it on Giving You the Business! Haha.

Good luck with the apartment search. Looks like so much fun packed into two days, you’re going to have a blast as time goes forward!

And were all of those suitcases carry-on :P?

5. June 17, 2013 / 11:23 pm

GAH. New York is just amazing. Seriously. No words can describe that city. I’m SO happy to see that you’re there and loving it- AND that you’ve already made it to 16 Handles! (:
    I can’t wait to see more of your upcoming adventures!

6. June 18, 2013 / 8:53 am

I’ve never been to New York, but it sounds incredible all the time. It’s one of the places I’m dying to travel too.
    That’s so great you’re loving it already.
    Good luck with apartment hunting!

7. June 19, 2013 / 12:06 pm

Ahh so fun! Good luck with the apartment search! I’m glad to hear NYC already feels like home. I have a bond with Chicago of course, but I wouldn’t call it unusual since I’ve lived my entire life here and my entire immediate family is still here. Also, my shoe collection does not fit in my largest suitcase. I think for the move I had to also pack shoes into a box, AND leave behind my boots at my parents house to retrieve in the fall.

8. June 21, 2013 / 7:13 am

It looks like you have found your place!!! One of my friends lives in Brooklyn and loves her place! Maybe you two will find each other one night out lol. I mean the world is a small on sometimes right? Hope you have found a place where you will be comfortable and safe!