Frames From The Weekend 8/2/2013 – 8/4/2013

Ok, it seems that every single week these posts are getting posted closer and closer to the next weekend already. I’m trying! In all fairness, these past few days were packed. I’ll break it down for you in one sentence: flying back to Chicago, Lollapalooza all weekend, my 25th birthday (!!!) on Monday, work work work, flying back to New York last night, parents driving in today from Chicago for the week.

EXHAUSTION

Sadly, I don’t have too many photos to share with you from the weekend, but let me just tell you that Lollapalooza was absolutely incredible! “Wild” may be a better word. The weather was perfect and the company was even better. I’ll try to write a post for my birthday/latest updates in life sometime, but no promises…

Lolla Friday

{Lolla day 1: a day-long party! There were many performances to see but I kept gravitating towards Perry’s stage, which is home to straight EDM music….my absolute favorite! What can I say, I’m from Europe!}

Lolla Saturday

{Lolla day 2: another day-long party! Neon yellow was the theme of the day. My favorite performance was Ellie Goulding. She rocked it out!}

After a weekend filled with too much dancing/booze/junk food and too little sleep, I’m in desperate need of some “me time.” Too bad my weeks/weekends are booked out until end of September. I will survive!

Who went to Lollapalooza? Favorite performances?

Have you ever been to an outdoor music festival? If so, which one?

1. August 8, 2013 / 1:39 pm

What a fabulous way to celebrate before your birthday!

I am curious to hear about your parent’s drive to NYC! I always wondered what it would be like to drive and visit our friends when they lived there!

• August 14, 2013 / 1:33 pm

Thanks! Lollapalooza is definitely one of my favorite ways to celebrate, especially when it actually falls on my birthday 🙂 The drive took them about 13 hours of straight driving, and they said it wasn’t that bad. Do it!

2. August 8, 2013 / 2:06 pm

Lolllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaa. I was there on Saturday and had SUCH a good time. I really wish I could’ve gone on Friday as well, but I wasn’t in town (and also didn’t have tickets, since I knew I wasn’t going to be in town). I didn’t go to Perry’s at all, but Mumford let out 10 minutes early on Saturday and Perry’s was still going, and it seriously looked like SO much fun. If I had had a three-day pass, I definitely would’ve spent some of that time at Perry’s.

• August 14, 2013 / 1:34 pm

Isn’t Lolla great?!?! I need to seriously buy tickets every year because I always end up regretting it if I don’t go. You MUST go again and dance it up at Perry’s…it’s an all-day party!

3. August 8, 2013 / 6:26 pm

I’M SO JEALOUS!
    I’m glad that you enjoyed yourself and made the most of your birthday celebration! That’s the way it should be. (:

• August 14, 2013 / 1:35 pm

Don’t be jealous…you have Coachella in your hood! Now THAT is what I’m jealous of 🙂

4. August 10, 2013 / 3:48 pm

I love the matching yellow! Did that make it easier for you to find each other if you got separated? Also I’m jealous you got ot see Ellie Goulding! I love her. I really would have like to see Lana Del Rey, she also did an aftershow but tickets much have sold out really quickly. I went to Lolla once, in 2008 I think, for one day to see Radiohead. My best friend bought my ticket because we always see Radiohead together. I haven’t gone back since because the ticket prices are so high, but then I’m jealous of everyone who does go, so I need to just budget better for 2014.

• August 14, 2013 / 1:38 pm

Haha yes it did! And at first it wasn’t even something we planned to do. I just got lucky because I brought my neon shirt along with me. I actually stayed and saw Lana for about 20 mins (I adore her and her music), but she was hard to hear so we went elsewhere (also known as Perry’s 🙂 ). I agree…the ticket prices keep going up every year, but thus far it’s an investment I’m willing to make for the experience! I hope you make it out there next year!

5. August 11, 2013 / 8:09 pm

Happy Birthday :)! 25 is a good number, imo.
    Looks like Lollapalooza was so much fun! I love EDM!!

• August 14, 2013 / 1:39 pm

Thank you! Not sure how I feel about 25 but there’s nothing else I can do but accept it 🙂

I LOVE that you love EDM! Isn’t it the best? So much fun to listen to