Flashback Friday: The Ring(s)

When it comes to jewelry I like to keep things simple. Bracelets were never my favorite (they always fall off my wrists) and the same studs adorn my ears day to day. Necklaces are fun but I’m a lover of rings.

You can check out some of my old Flashback Friday posts here:
2007 High School Prom
2007 High School Turnabout Dance
The Love of my Life {HP}
2011 Dominican Republic Vacation
Ghosts of New Year’s Eve Past
Winter Holidays 2011

Thanksgiving 2011
Smell
The (High School) Student
2006 Paris Trip
Unofficial St. Patrick’s Day
Corkboard Memories
College Graduation

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I tend to find meaning in anything and everything around me, and this absolutely applies to my jewelry. I decided to showcase my absolute favorite precious rings that I hold near and dear to my heart.

Flashback Friday The Rings

My 21st birthday gift from my parents (and my first ever diamonds!):

ring

My 24th birthday gift from the parentals again:

ring

My 25th birthday gift from, you guessed it, my parents:

ring

A family heirloom given to me from my grandparents:

ring

A recent gift from my mom, who has owned this ring since youth (I’ve been eyeing it for years):

ring

Aren’t all these rings beautiful?! I wear at least one of these rings daily. They make me feel protected and connected to my roots, and I carry a little piece of home with me wherever I go.

A few noteworthy mentions:

rings

(from left to right: ladybug ring from my childhood, amber ring from my first cruise, garnet ring given to me as a holiday gift, a Mother of Pearl cocktail ring gifted by Anya for my birthday)

What is your favorite type of jewelry to wear?

Do you have any heirloom jewelry?

1. May 23, 2014 / 8:31 am

I ‘m a simpleton when it comes to jewelry as well! I don’t like wearing necklaces too much, I don’t mind bracelets from time-to-time, I don’t have any rings…I guess that leaves me with earrings to wear on a daily basis, and even then I just prefer small studs!

• May 26, 2014 / 6:16 pm

I’m with you on the earrings…I’m all about small studs too. In fact, I can’t even remember the last time I changed my earrings!

2. May 23, 2014 / 10:57 am

Beautiful rings! I have one ring that I wear everyday that says “13.1” and “run” that was a congratulatory first-half-marathon present to myself 🙂 I’ve been meaning to upgrade to a 26.2 ring, but haven’t gotten around to it yet. Other than that, I’m much more of a necklace person than a ring person. I LOVE necklaces and wear them almost every day (or scarves, during the winter).

• May 26, 2014 / 6:18 pm

Your ring sounds awesome! I want some piece of jewelry that has 13.1 (and hopefully one day 26.2) on it…it’s so symbolic of much more than the mileage right?

3. May 23, 2014 / 5:17 pm

Absolutely beautiful. All of them.

As you know, rings are my favorite (and usually only) accessory so I’m in love with these. I have one diamond ring that my grandma gave me which I hardly ever wear out out of fear that I’ll lose it. How silly is that? I definitely need to bring it out more often.

xoxo

• May 26, 2014 / 6:20 pm

THank you! I used to be very paranoid about wearing the rings out too but eventually I figured that I’m much happier with them on 🙂 But on wild nights out the rings stay home haha

4. May 25, 2014 / 12:32 pm

My wedding ring and engagement ring are my Grandma’s, reset with a diamond my husband inherited. It makes them so special to me!

• May 26, 2014 / 6:21 pm

Oh wow that’s incredible!! I love the symbolism behind that…beautiful and so special 🙂