Frames From The Weekend 9/12/2014 – 9/14/2014

I’m back from Aruba! I feel rejuvenated and ready to conquer fall in New York. Speaking of, I returned to beautiful chilly weather here in Manhattan and embraced it with open arms. Aruba heat was glorious but I’m more than ready for crisp mornings and a rainbow of color-changing leaves.

FFTW Summer

(Link up to ‘Frames From The Weekend’! Read the official “rules” here.)

I’m working on a full vacation recap post but for now I’ll leave you with a few snippets from this past weekend.

Aruba

{ARUBA! I’ll make this recap brief but I must mention how much I adored the tiny Caribbean island. My parents and I are already plotting our return.}

Sunday

{I flew back to NYC late Saturday evening and was greeted with a chilly and rainy city. I was exhausted the next morning and allowed myself an extra two hours of sleep before setting out on my long run of the week, 14 miles. Luckily, the weather stayed in the mid-60s and I didn’t melt into a sweaty puddle. The run was tough, most likely because of the long travel the previous day, but I pushed through and enjoyed a rewarding breakfast of french toast afterwards. The rest of Sunday was spent mainly on my couch with snacks and Grey’s Anatomy. I’m already on season 5! Nope, not addicted at all… In an attempt to be semi-productive in the evening, I made my current favorite bread and accidentally spilled flax seed in the process.}

Are you sad that summer is over or are you more than ready for fall?

Any other ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ fans out there?

1. September 16, 2014 / 11:51 am

Arriba! Sorry but I couldn’t help it. A getaway to a tropical island sounds perfect. And that picture at the top of the first frame – stunning.
    We’ve actually had a really nice and warm late summer the past days and I’m already wistful about it all being over so soon. Especially when the biggest chunk of the day is eaten by office work. Trying to console myself with the beauty of the fallen leaves before the cold sets in. There’s something good about every season.

• September 18, 2014 / 9:10 am

Haha Aruba Arriba! That sometimes came to my mind during the trip too so you’re not alone 😉

Work definitely takes out a big part of the day (the biggest and most important!). It took me over a year to accept this, especially when the colder months hit and I would arrive to the office in the dark and leave the office to darkness again. As much as I sometimes dislike summer heat, there’s no denying that longer days will be missed 🙁 But I couldn’t agree more…every season is uniquely special!

2. September 16, 2014 / 2:50 pm

Hooray for cooler runs! I bet the weather felt absolutely magical after what you suffered through on your 19 miler. I, personally, am all about cold weather, so I couldn’t be more ready for fall to arrive 🙂

• September 18, 2014 / 9:12 am

You and I both! I’m sure we’ll both be cursing the freeing winter weather in a few months, but for now let’s rejoice in the cooler temps 🙂

3. September 16, 2014 / 4:53 pm

Glad you had such an awesome time in Aruba…it looks like such a rejuvenating place. Looking forward to the recap 🙂

• September 18, 2014 / 9:17 am

Thanks! I loved the tiny island but I stupidly forgot my pro camera so my photos aren’t as pretty as they could’ve been 🙁

4. September 17, 2014 / 11:37 am

love Aruba so much, and glad you had an amazing trip. weather was perfect for a long run here in NYC on Sunday — nicely done.

• September 18, 2014 / 9:20 am

Another Aruba lover! Everyone I meet who’s been there absolutely adores it and tends to return. And it was great to return to cooler temps here in the city! Fall is here at last 🙂