Frames From The Weekend 4/17/2015 – 4/19/2015

And I’m back in New York! I’ve been struck with the (expected) homesickness but spring has sprung here in Manhattan and it’s doing a great job in improving my mood.

FFTW Spring2

(Link up to ‘Frames From The Weekend’! Read the official “rules” here.)

My week at home was fantastic, busy but so much fun! I wish I actually took the time to blog about it because I had some pretty stellar highlights including hanging out with the parentals (always a joy…yes I’m a child for life), spending an evening & staying overnight at my sister’s apartment in the city, and spending an entire day shadowing surgeons!!! Yup, I got to see two actual surgeries. In person. Five feet away from the operating table. It was easily the coolest thing I’ve done in a while. Grey’s Anatomy has nothing on real life.

Friday

{Friday: I casually worked from home in what turned out to be a very busy day due to my day off on Thursday. My mission for the evening was simple – pay a visit to my favorite mommy friend (who is pregnant with #2!) and her precious baby girl, who just turned 2 years old a few weeks prior. The weather was perfection! We walked around the neighborhood and stopped by a park where I couldn’t resist unleashing my inner child on the swing set.}

Saturday

{Saturday: I finally slept in for the first time all week, enjoyed some coffee with frothy whole milk, and then drove into the city to meet up with my lovely ladies for brunch at Beatrix in River North. The food was delicious and our endless conversation about life and our upcoming trip to India was even better. The bride-to-be had already asked me to be a bridesmaid but she made it official with a lovely bridesmaid gift filled with photos and other goodies! If you thought I was excited about visiting India before, please imagine that excitement now amplified x1000. I seriously cannot wait for the wedding! Afterwards, we all drove to Evanston for a BBQ for a bit before parting ways. Up next on the agenda was a quick trip to Bloomingdales with my mom. My mission was to try on a Canada Goose coat, which I intend to buy in the upcoming months in preparation for January in Europe. I ended up buying the cutest black Marc New York jacket for….$45!!! It was originally $250 so I think I win at life. My parents and I ended the evening hanging out on The Bed (AKA my parents’ gloriously comfy king bed) watching The Imitation Game. The movie received mixed reviews from my mom and dad, but I decided that I liked it.}

Sunday

{Sunday: I flew back to lovely NYC after one last breakfast at home with my parents and Dasha (who looks quite unhappy that I attacked her with endless kisses). I was welcomed back into bustling New York City with blooming trees and colorful flowers. I unpacked and immediately walked to the grocery store to stock up on essentials and non-essentials including ice cream and chocolate. Oops. Whatever. My evening = couch + Kardashians + tea.}

I’m certainly looking forward to getting back into the groove of things. This includes minimal dessert and a few attempts at running. I ate allllll the cookies and candy and sweets at home, and even snuck in a few more yesterday. It’s time to get rid of this vengeful sweet tooth once again (yea right…) I’ll do my best to actually blog this week, but no promises. Who knows what’s in store for all these lovely spring evenings!

Good luck to everyone running the Boston Marathon today!!! I’ll be watching live somehow, cheering you all on!

• April 21, 2015 / 9:14 am

It was a great place for brunch! Very busy too 🙂

1. April 20, 2015 / 9:06 am

Awww, yay for quality time spent with your parents!!! Love the picture of Dasha – she’s so fluffy! That bridesmaid gift box looks AMAZING. Your friend sounds look an amazingly sweet and considerate bride-to-be. =)

• April 21, 2015 / 9:15 am

Thanks! I’m so excited to be part of this traditional Indian wedding! It’s going to be an experience of a lifetime.

2. April 20, 2015 / 2:02 pm

Wow, what a steal you got on that coat! That’s so awesome! And I can’t believe you saw two actual surgeries O.O My squeamish self would NOT be able to handle that haha.

• April 21, 2015 / 9:19 am

It was insane…I literally saw a woman completely open (intestines and all) on the operating table. I actually got very lightheaded and almost fainted and ended up having to step out for a few minutes, but quickly got used to it. Crazy. Crazy!

3. April 20, 2015 / 3:48 pm

Is your knee feeling better so you can try to run?

That is really neat you got to see the surgeries! What kinds were they?

And also super neat you are going to be a bridesmaid at the wedding in India! I can’t wait to hear what that is like! 🙂

• April 21, 2015 / 9:31 am

Nope 🙁 knee is still hurting. I tried running today and only managed 1 mile before my knee started bothering me. I’m heading back to the orthopedic doc tomorrow since it’s been over a month with no improvement. It’s odd though because the pain is mainly behind my knee, literally where the leg bends (i.e. not behind the kneecap but at the leg bend). ITBS might be one issue but there is definitely something else we’re all missing.

Surgeries – One was an exploratory surgery in a woman’s bowels (crazy, crazy! I saw everything) and the other was a gallbladder removal. Very cool stuff, although I did almost faint during the first one and had to step out for a bit.

4. April 21, 2015 / 10:14 am

Hey! Stopping by to say I just saw your blog and really like it! The egg&avocado dish looks great.

• April 26, 2015 / 1:24 pm

Hi Paola thanks for stopping by! Avocado + egg is always a winning combo 🙂

5. April 21, 2015 / 10:11 pm

You are going to have one AMAZING December/January! You’re smart for pairing a Europe trip with your India visit. And it will be the perfect time to go to India weather-wise that’s for sure!!

• April 26, 2015 / 1:25 pm

Ahhh thanks I’m super excited!! I’m sure I’ll experience some culture shock but it’s going to be an awesome experience. I’ll surely be reaching out to you for recommendations and advice 🙂