Tiki Bar, Dance Dance Dancing, and Lakefront Running

It’s Monday, yay! Just kidding, Mondays are never exciting. I hope everyone had a great weekend! I certainly did. I’m not sure what is happening with the weather lately but I’m not complaining at.all. 40 degrees in February? And possibly reaching the 50s and 60s next weekend? Um, yes please.

This weekend featured a casual Friday and a wild-ish Saturday. My friends and I started our night early at a fun tiki bar called Lost Lake, which featured fancy tropical drinks in awesome mugs.

One was even on fire!

Our large group stayed there for a few hours sipping our drinks and slurping up instant ramen noodles (we were starving and that’s all they had) and then we transferred to another local bar. Eventually we all made it back to the city center and danced all night at Joy District followed by Cuvée. I know I know, it was a super bougie night apparently (that’s how the River North area is in general) but we always have a great time there and I not-so-secretly love it!

I “accidentally” ended up staying out until the wee hours of the morning again and still woke up early for absolutely no good reason. By some miracle I dragged myself out to run along the lake – 4 miles with a 8:52 min/mile pace. The wind was INSANE the first half of the run, and it completely wore me down to the point that I had to take a short break at the halfway point to catch my breath. I hit up the gym immediately after and attempted to do squats and lunges, but my glutes were so sore from Thursday’s workout that I had to give up after only 2 sets!

While we’re on the subject of running, I tried out the new Brooks PureCadence 6’s and ugh. I don’t think I like how they feel! I’m so bummed because they are absolutely beautiful and by far the most attractive version I’ve seen. But for some reason they press on the top of my left foot and seemingly aggravate my mysterious injury. So I’m probably going to return them, and I already ordered a second pair of the PureCadence 5’s.

The rest of my Sunday was mellow – I hung out at home and watched the Grammy’s. Beyonce slayed. As usual. I thought her entire performance was so unique and beautiful and she totally rocked her belly. She reminded me of a fertility goddess. Sigh…#goals

I have my weekly Bachelor viewing with my girls tonight, which is my guilty pleasure and I adore it. And tomorrow is Valentine’s Day and for the first time in five years I’m not riding solo. And then I’m flying to Denver on Wednesday to visit the sis and my precious little niece for a few days! Cheers to a great week ahead.

Valentine’s Day plans?

Who watched the Grammy’s? Thoughts? Best and worst dressed?

1. February 13, 2017 / 10:38 am

Um, what?! We need deets on the SO!

Have a fun trip to see your sis! I am visiting mine and her newborn this weekend! 🙂

• February 21, 2017 / 11:16 am

Haha it’s all pretty new 🙂 I saw photos from your visit (not creepy at all right? lol), adorable!!

2. February 15, 2017 / 1:32 pm

UGH I just cannot with The Bachelor these days. And by that I mean I am most definitely still watching every episode, but I just find it infuriating. The fact that Corrine is still on fills me with rage. She is OBVIOUSLY the villain/crazy on the show. Even if that’s somehow not how she is in real life, that’s obviously who she was cast to be, and whatever. That’s fine. Every single season has one. BUT. The villain/crazy ALWAYS goes home halfway/two-thirds through the season, because the show doesn’t need them to cause drama anymore at that point. Once you get to a week out from hometowns, the premise of the show IS its own drama, because by that point you actually remember who everyone is, and you’re somewhat invested in these people, and they’re all DEFINITELY more than somewhat invested in the bachelor/ette, so the song and dance of who goes on dates and what happens and who gets sent home and how the bachelor/ette is suddenly unsure of everything is enough drama in and of itself that you don’t need a villain anymore. So by that reasoning, Corrine should’ve been gone weeks ago. But SOMEHOW, she makes it past DANIELLE?! AND Kristina?!?!?!?! *throws things around the room in a rage* This is messing with the formula and I don’t like it one little bit. This stupid show never should’ve even cast Nick as the bachelor in the first place as far as I’m concerned. AND it pisses me off that they already announced Rachel as the bachelorette for next season, not even as a leaked spoiler but as an official announcment, before she even got sent home!!!!!! WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT?!?!?!?!? This stupid, stupid show and my stupid, stupid emotional investment in it. Hahahaha.

• February 21, 2017 / 11:15 am

Best Bachelor rant ever! I totally agree about Corinne, my friends keep telling me the same thing about the villain not lasting this long. I was so shocked last week when he sent home Kristina (and yes over Corinne WTF?!?). It just makes me think that maybe he already secretly knows who he’s going to choose so he’s slightly indifferent about who he keeps and kicks off. The whole Rachel = Bachelorette business really threw me off too. I wonder if she will be top 3? Because then that’s just straight up DUMB and we will automatically know the top 2. Someone spoiled the ending for me this week 🙁 so I know who he chooses, but even if I didn’t know it would still be pretty easy to determine who the top 2 probably will be. Ugh what is going on?!?

3. February 20, 2017 / 11:47 pm

Sounds like a fun weekend! That’s a bummer about the shoes…have you thought about trying another brand instead of Brooks? I’m not a fan of the Grammys but the Oscars are next weekend!

• February 21, 2017 / 11:17 am

I’ve attempted to try out other shoes but I keep returning to the Brooks Pure line because I love the minimalist feel and small heel-drop. Any shoes that have more than a 6″ drop = problems in my legs and knees. The struggle!